TIP: Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300) to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
South Korea finally released the long awaited Update to Android Jelly Bean for our Samsung Galaxy GT-I9300 SIII (international model). I promised I would do a Guide explaining how to upgrade when the official update came out, so your team and preparing walks starts charging to 100% and support all your personal files like music, photos, videos, contacts, etc. NO respaldes applications and games that can cause errors.
Now proceed to download and install the Samsung Kies software only if you have it installed on your computer. This process serves to your Galaxy SIII is recognized by your PC.
Now we will download the official update to Jelly Bean. I’ll leave you two links for you to download, personally I occupied the first because with that downloaded at top speed.
Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 Samsung Galaxy SIII (PutLocker)
And finally we will download the Odin software with which we will update our team.
Odin Software (Mediafire)
Now we proceed to update, but you must read the following:
Betazeta Networks, and Jonathan Wayerless Munizaga (who writes), we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your computer Samsung Galaxy SIII. Also keep in mind that in some countries eliminates computer warranty if manual updates are performed as explained in this tutorial. The whole process should do at your own risk. You are warned!
1. If you had not installed the Samsung Kies, you must install it but without starting it, as it only serves to install drivers or drivers.
2. Now let’s unpack Odin. For that you must unzip the file Flashprogram Samsung I9300 + Pit.rar in a folder and run the application Odin3 v3.04.exe
3. Now let’s unpack the ROM. For that you must unzip the file named gt_i9300_xeo_1_20120922093900_w8pdod73hi_5f43f.zip (if PutLocker downloaded from the server) or I9300XXDLIB_I9300OXFDLI1_XEO.zip file (if you downloaded from the server HotFile).
4. When you unzip the ROM, you will be a file called I9300XXDLIB_I9300OXFDLI1_I9300XXDLIB_HOME.tar.md5 and that you attach to the Odin program. For that you have to press the button called PDA in Odin and then look for the aforementioned ROM. Should look like:
5. Now let’s turn our Galaxy SIII and we will put it in Download Mode. For that you have to simultaneously press the Volume Down key + Power + HOME (center key) all three together for 2 seconds. The screen will display the Download Mode, and then you press the volume up and should look like:
6. Without turning off your Galaxy SIII, connect it to your computer via USB as it is. Your PC should start installing some drivers, and when this process is complete, Odin should recognize showing a port connected in Section ID: COM, as evidenced by the following picture:
7. Yap, is now all set to update. You just need to press the Start button in Odin application and begin your Galaxy SIII updated. Remember that during this process NOT to do anything with the team nor the PC.
8. When the process completes, in Odin will see a “PASS” and that means that the update was successful. On the other hand, your Galaxy SIII will reboot twice and then a message that says “Upgrading Android” and will show the progress and number of files updated.
Congratulations! Got your Samsung Galaxy SIII updated to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
What improvements gained with this update?
– Notable improvement in performance
– New notification bar
– Now Integrated Google
– Integrated Project Butter
– 2 modes Home Screen
– Video playback looks resizable
– A renewed configuration menu
– New “Lock Mode” built
– New version of the Internet browser
– Improved performance on battery
Among other improvements.
As rooting (Root) your Samsung Galaxy SIII with Jelly Bean
Well, if you need your team rooteado to make use of some applications or hacks that require it, here you briefly explain how.
First you must download the file that will do the miracle.
Now you unzip the file you downloaded and you will ultimately be a file named CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar and you attach that file to Odin PDA pressing.
Finally you must follow step 5, 6 and 7 of this Tutorial and have your team rooteado.Tags: Android, Galaxy SIII, Guide, Jelly Bean, Samsung, Tutorial, Update, W Tip