Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300) to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Premium Suite
And South Korea’s Samsung brings a new Update with significant improvements to our dear and precious Samsung Galaxy SIII, including the Multi-View. Unfortunately we have to time when our beloved operators have list this update, so here I’ll let the user to update manually.
Before continuing, please pay attention to the following:
By proceeding to update manually, AUTOMATICALLY LOSE THE WARRANTY AND THE RIGHT TO FUTURE Updates via Samsung Kies. By the same token, if you upgrade your computer and it dies in the process, do not go to waste time where your carrier because you do not get fixed. All you can do is approach a Samsung Service nearest you and pay for repair, and I warn you that the cost is not at all cheap. Needless to say Our Networks, and We are not responsible for anything that may occur to your computer.
This course is intended for those users who do not have collateral or having a computer factory released. If your Galaxy SIII was acquired through your carrier, I recommend you do not upgrade, otherwise you will lose your warranty forever.
CAUTION: If you freed your computer to access Number Portability through a code, to upgrade the computer will ask again that code. If you do not, you can not access your current network operator.
First you must back up all your personal data, such as music, photos, documents, videos, etc.. If you back up your games and applications, supporting single APK file for each. DO NOT use to support programs like Titanium please.
Now proceed to download and install the Samsung Kies software only if you have it installed on your computer. This process serves to your Galaxy SIII is recognized by your PC.
Now proceed to download the official update:
Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 – Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300)
And finally we will download the Odin software with which we will update our team.
Odin Software (Mediafire)
Now let’s proceed with the update:
1. If you had not installed the Samsung Kies, you must install it but without starting it, as it only serves to install drivers or drivers.
2. Now let’s unpack Odin. For that you must unzip the file Flashprogram Samsung I9300 + Pit.rar in a folder and run the application Odin3 v3.04.exe
3. Now let’s unpack the ROM. For that you must unzip the file named I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_XEO.zip
4. When you unzip the ROM, you will be a file called I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_I9300XXELKC_HOME.tar.md5 and that you attach to the Odin program. For that you have to press the button called PDA in Odin and then look for the aforementioned ROM. Should look like:
5. Now let’s turn our Galaxy SIII and we will put it in Download Mode. For that you have to simultaneously press the Volume Down key + Power + HOME (center key) all three together for 2 seconds. The screen will display the Download Mode, and then you press the volume up and should look like:
6. Without turning off your Galaxy SIII, connect it to your computer via USB as it is. Your PC should start installing some drivers, and when this process is complete, Odin should recognize showing a port connected in Section ID: COM, as evidenced by the following picture:
7. Yap, is now all set to update. You just need to press the Start button in Odin application and begin your Galaxy SIII updated. Remember that during this process NOT to do anything with the team nor the PC.
8. When the process completes, in Odin will see a “PASS” and that means that the update was successful. On the other hand, your Galaxy SIII will reboot twice and then a message that says “Upgrading Android” and will show the progress and number of files updated.
Congratulations! Got your Samsung Galaxy SIII updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
What improvements gained with this update?
Besides winning the improvements that came with version 4.1.1, also added the following:
– Smart Rotation
– Notable improvement in performance and stability with Butter Project
– Fully optimized Notification Panel
– New options in the Notifications panel
– Swipe Keyboard with built system
– 2 new home screen modes
– New notifications bar
– Google Now
– Samsung Cloud Service
– Improved battery life
Among other improvements …Tags: Android, Android 4.1.2, Galalxy SIII, Galaxy, galaxy s3, Guide, Jelly Bean, Samsung, Tutorial, Update, Updates, W Tip